CFO Strategies offers accounting services customized and tailored to your specific needs. Typically, when we are first engaged we have a development phase where we clean up your books and records and build financial models to provide you with the information that is most important to you.
Once the development phase is completed, and your records are stabilized, we then perform recurring work on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Below are some of the most common deliverables we provide during the development phase, as well as our ongoing services.
Accounting Services We Provide
“We Tailor Fit and Customize our Accounting Services to Your Specific Needs”
Weekly Accounting Services
- Ensure that all accounting transactions are recorded timely and accurately
- Establish regular payment cycles to the extent possible so that checks are cut and payments made on a consistent payment cycle.
- Prepare a weekly cash report showing cash balances per books and amounts to be received or due to be paid.
- Ensure payroll and related taxes are recorded timely and accurately.
- Provide reporting as needed for management.
- Oversee the clerical staff and review reconciliations and other key functions to ensure the accuracy of financial records and reporting.
Monthly Accounting Services
- Review bank reconciliations and record bank charges and other adjustments as needed.
- Ensure that the aged accounts receivable and payables reconcile to the general ledger and any differences are identified and corrected.
- Review the balance sheet and profit and loss detail report to ensure all accounts are accurate.
- Adjust recorded payroll tax liabilities to the payroll tax returns as needed (quarterly).
- Prepare financial statements with explanations of significant variances versus the business plan.
- Prepare an analysis of general and administrative expenses.
- Prepare earnings forecasts to the end of the current and following fiscal years.
- Update the quarterly cash flow forecast.
- Update the fixed assets schedule and record depreciation.
- Evaluate insurance payments vs. the earned premium and adjust the books accordingly.
- Analyze change orders, job costing, and job profitability as compared to budgets.
- Lead and control audits of outside parties, such as for the annual insurance policy, Federal and state tax examinations, Department of Labor, and outside accountants.
Chief Financial Officer Services
- Serve as one of your trusted financial advisors.
- Participate, if needed, with and for management in investor and lending transactions.
- Assist management in developing strategies for growing cash, investing excess cash, and reducing debt where appropriate.
- Participate in the development of an annual financial business plan.
- Assist in project reviews, one-off projects, or transaction analysis.
- Evaluate continuous process and control reviews and improvements as appropriate.
- Participate in the analysis of corporate transactions, including capital expenditures, development of exit strategies, and other strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with outside accountants on tax planning.
- Respond to information requests of lenders, tax authorities, and other outside parties.
How do I determine what services my company needs?
We’re here to help you determine what services would be right for your organization. Our team will set up an on-site or virtual meeting with you to learn more and then perform a complimentary due diligence review, which includes a review of your financial records and interviews with key staff.
We then generate a proposal that outlines our assessment and makes recommendations for implementing best practices, including a multi-phased approach to achieving the mutually agreed-upon goals. If you decide not to hire us or do not want to move forward, you still get to keep the complimentary business review at no cost.
Are you a staffing agency?
No. While we can help place full-time controllers and CFO’s in the event a company is looking for a full-time person, our team consists of employees of CFO Strategies designed to meet your company’s specific needs.
If I hire CFO Strategies, am I contractually obligated to work with you for a specific period of time?
No, we do not ask for a specific timeframe for services when we agree to work together. We are at-will. While we do ask for 30-days notice to help in a transition period, services can be terminated at any time by either party.
Getting started with us is a phone call away. Call us at (732) 236-4454.